Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Memphis 1 NC State 0

Diamond Dave once sang " I've been to the edge and I stood and looked down..I've lost alot of friends there baby" well that is what happened today to the University of Memphis. Calipari and NC State took the Tigers to the edge but instead of jumping over Lovers Leap Coach Cal pushed the Wolfpack off the cliff. Despite the bad blood that developed between Cal and RC Johnson the alumni stepped up and generated enough money to make a competitive offer to Coach Cal. The bad blood developed when Cal was offered a $100,000 raise which would have raised his base pay to $1.3 million. RC was playing hard ball thinking that he didn't have any competition for Calipari's services, this belief came to bite him in the ass. NC State took a big bite of RC's ass, when they offered Cal $2.2 million to be the next Wolfpack coach. I don't blame Cal in this circumstance I blame RC Johnson because Cal's deal could have been done 2 weeks ago.

No comments: