Monday, February 06, 2006

That Was The Super Bowl?

If last night's game was meant to highlight the best that the NFL had to offer, then it missed it's mark. I am a die hard NFL fan and researcher and I found last night's game to be almost unbearable. First Aaron Neville and Areatha Franklin have lost their voice. I hate to say, because I really like the Neville Brothers, but that National Anthem was reallty bad as well as being an omen of things to come. The refs' calls were alittle off and they added to the idea that the game was rigged. I don't believe this but a jaded person could be convinced that this was true. I have heard mixed reviews about the Stones performance but: 1) they are in their sixties and 2) they are the Stones so who cares, they rock. I heard much commentary, on the commercials, from women today and they were not impressed. I didn't care because I don't care about the commercials. The networks steal money from these corporations. Steal! Companies pay $2 million dollars for a 30 second spot and the viewership of the Super Bowl is decreasing. I can see why the viewership is in decline after yesterday's game. In terms of the play on the field the game was boring. I had to fight my inner self not to channel surf. Three or four big plays and 56 minutes of watching grass grow. I tell who should have been the MVP, the punters: Tom Rouhen and Chris Gardocki. I swear the announcers were searching for things to talk about. Did you know that Gardocki has never had a punt blocked? Well that was what things boiled down to last night, talking about the career of a punter during the Super Bowl. The season went out on a whimper instead of a bang unless you like the Steelers and their style of play.

No comments: