Monday, January 23, 2006

The Two Man Line and Joe Lee

Memphis fans know what I am talking about when I talk about the two man defensive line. This year, due to the number of injuries, the Memphis Tigers started playing a two man defensive line. We had two tackles play inside and the linebackers would come up were the ends would play. Now why am I talking about this? During the playoffs I have noticed that the Steelers have played this front before them the Patriots palyed this front as well. This is the first time that I can remember seeing this front played in the NFL but the Tigers played this at times last year. Now could the Memphis coaching staff be innovative enough to be impacting the game of football as a whole? I think it is pretty cool that the pros are copying colleges again.

For those of you who have been living under a rock, today we moved up to number 3.

No comments: